As a Laravel developer, you must be aware of the PHP framework’s power and versatility. However, one key factor that sets Laravel unique is its massive library of packages, providing developers with an extensive range of ready-to-use solutions.
In this blog post, we’ll go through the 10 most powerful and well-known Laravel packages that have gained popularity and importance in 2023. Whether you’re an experienced Laravel developer or just starting your journey with this PHP framework, these packages can simplify your development process and boost your web application’s performance.
Each package on our list has been carefully selected based on its functionality, popularity, community support, and overall usefulness. We’ll explore their features, benefits, and potential use cases to help you make informed decisions about integrating them into your Laravel projects.
By taking advantage of these Laravel packages, you can save significant development time, simplify complex tasks, and leverage cutting-edge features effortlessly. From authentication and authorization to caching, data manipulation, and beyond, these packages have proven their worth in the Laravel development community.
So, without further delay, let’s begin our exploration of the ten best Laravel packages that will revolutionize your development workflow in 2023!
What are Laravel Packages?
Laravel packages are pre-built, reusable modules or codes or collections of routes, controllers, or views that extend the functionalities of the Laravel framework. They contain specific features, functionalities, or integrations, allowing developers to integrate them into their Laravel projects easily.
Why Use Laravel Packages?
Using Laravel packages offers various benefits to developers, making them an essential component of Laravel development. Here’s why you should consider leveraging Laravel packages because of their functionalities:
- Time and Effort Saving: These packages provide pre-built, reusable solutions to common development tasks and packages encapsulate complex functionalities, allowing you to focus on the core logic of your application.
- Increased and Enhanced Productivity: Instead of writing code from scratch, you can use well-tested and maintained packages created by experts. This speeds up the development process, enabling you to deliver high-quality applications more efficiently.
- Code Quality and Maintainability: These packages integrate codes that have undergone extensive testing, optimization, and documentation. This leads to cleaner, more structured code that is easier to understand, maintain, and debug.
- Extended Functionality: The packages provide additional features beyond its core offerings. Whether you need advanced authentication mechanisms, integrations with third-party services, or specialized tools for specific tasks, packages provide a variety of options to extend Laravel’s functionality.
- Community Support and Updates: Laravel packages are often developed and maintained by an active community of developers. This means you can benefit from ongoing updates, bug fixes, and feature enhancements. The community also provides support through documentation, forums, and tutorials, ensuring you have resources to rely on when working with packages.
In short, by using Laravel packages, developers can enhance their productivity, improve code quality, save time, and focus on the core logic of their applications. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced developer, Laravel packages offer a convenient way to extend the functionality of your Laravel projects and enhance your development process.
Top 10 Laravel Packages You Should Install In 2023
As we midway through 2023, it’s essential for Laravel developers to stay updated with the most valuable packages available to advance their development workflow. Let’s have a look at the top 10 best Laravel packages you should install in 2023.
Roles and permissions are a significant part of most web developers, and app development firms work. Laravel has a history of offering packages to fill these roles and improve the code. The Spatie Roles & Permission package is among the most well-liked and often-used Laravel permission packages. It offers a wide range of functionalities, including file management, permissions and roles, event scheduling, media handling, and more.
Ignition is an error page package for Laravel that enhances the error handling and debugging experience. It provides detailed error information, stack traces, and solutions for common errors. Ignition’s interactive interface helps developers quickly identify and resolve issues during the development process, leading to improved productivity and efficient debugging. All Laravel 5.5 applications use this error page customization package, Ignition. If you use this key, the app will monitor and record errors as they occur. All Laravel apps include a default error page with the Flare API.
The Entrust Top Laravel Package provides a versatile method for adding permissions to a Laravel web application. Four tables—permissions, roles, role users, and permission role users—can be created using this package. Entrust simplifies role-based authentication and authorization in Laravel applications. It allows developers to define user roles and permissions, manage access control, and secure routes and resources efficiently. With Entrust, implementing complex authorization requirements becomes more manageable while maintaining a clean and organized codebase.
4. Laravel Debugbar
Laravel Debugbar is a popular package used for debugging and profiling Laravel applications. It provides a comprehensive toolbar that displays valuable information such as executed queries, execution time, memory usage, and more. Laravel Debugbar helps developers optimize performance and troubleshoot issues by providing valuable insights into the application’s runtime environment. More valuable features include Route and Logs collector, Config and Cache collector, PHP info and Messages collector, Memory and Events collector, Swift Mail collector, and more.
5. Laravel Auditing
Laravel Auditing simplifies the process of tracking and logging changes made to eloquent models. Laravel Auditing uses a built-in mechanism to keep track of all model updates and audits the data to show it in various ways. It allows developers to record modifications, providing an audit trail for data integrity and accountability. Laravel Auditing is beneficial for compliance requirements and monitoring changes made within an application.
6. Laravel Backup
Laravel Backup is a package that streamlines the backup and restoration process of Laravel applications. It offers an easy way to schedule and perform backups of files and databases. The database files, dump, and all other data are kept in a zip file. Laravel Backup ensures the safety of application data and enables quick restoration in case of urgency or data loss.
7. Laravel User Verification
Laravel User Verification is a package that simplifies the user verification process, typically used in applications requiring email verification or account activation. It provides features to generate verification tokens, send verification emails, validate user accounts, and offer a verified route for middleware functionality. Laravel User Verification helps build secure and reliable user registration systems with ease.
Socialite is a Laravel package that simplifies social authentication by integrating providers like Facebook, Google, GitHub, Twitter, and more. It offers a seamless way to implement social login functionality into applications, eliminating the need for complex authentication workflows. It also offers the functionalities like multiple login integrations, track conversations, and handles boilerplate social codes. Socialite enhances user onboarding and provides a convenient user experience.
9. Laravel Mix
10. No Captcha
No Captcha is a Laravel package integrating Google reCAPTCHA to protect applications against spam and abuse. It provides an easy way to add CAPTCHA verification to forms, preventing automated bots from submitting malicious data. No Captcha helps maintain data integrity and ensures a secure and reliable user experience.
How to Install a Laravel Package?
To install a Laravel package, you can follow these simple steps:
- Open your command-line interface (CLI) and navigate to the root directory of your Laravel project.
- Use Composer, a dependency manager for PHP, to install the package. Run the following command:
composer require packageowner/packagename
Replace “packageowner” with the actual package owner’s name and “packagename” with the package name you want to install. The composer will download and add the package and its dependencies to your project.
- If you want to ensure that you have the latest version of the package, run the command:
This command will fetch any available updates for all installed packages, including the one you just installed.
- Once the package is installed, you can start using it in your Laravel project. Discover a new object of the package in your code like this:
$package = new Package;
If the package uses namespaces, make sure to include the appropriate namespace when creating the object:
$package = new PackageNamespace\Package;
Remember to import the necessary classes or namespaces from the package in your code before using them.
- In some cases, the package may require additional setup steps. Check the package’s documentation for any specific instructions, such as publishing configuration files or running migrations. These steps could involve using Artisan commands, such as:
To publish package assets:
php artisan vendor:publish
To run package migrations:
php artisan migrate
Follow the provided instructions to complete the package’s installation and configuration.
- Finally, suppose you want to validate that the package is correctly autoloaded. In that case, you can check the
or refer to the package’s main source file located in the
vendor/vendorName/packageName/[src or lib or whatever]/Package.php
By following these steps, you can successfully install and integrate a Laravel package into your project, utilizing its functionalities to enhance your Laravel application.
Frequently Ask Questions
Fully Managed Magento Hosting
Fully Managed Magento Hosting
These were the top 10 best Laravel packages available for web application developers in 2023. These packages have been well-known for their quality, reliability, and active community support. Installing and utilizing these packages allows you to streamline your development process, improve debugging capabilities, enhance security measures, optimize performance, and add valuable application features.